brutal problems with alarms tried many things, need help!! please!!

agisch

Recruit
Hi thanks for reading this...I have two 2005 optimax 150's. both have about 100 hours total but sat for the last two and a half years. I had started them about twice a year, tank full, treated properly twice a year. I have had alarms that we first thought were fuel since it sat. We found the fuel lines had colasped, so we replaced them. We still have alarm but different than before so perhaps we solved one problem. Now it alarms at idle after running. It will run fine but when you stop, after a cpl of min at idle I get a constant tone and if I try to accelerate it jumps into protection mode. Checked the operating temp with external device and seems okay althought not ruling out that it could be getting hot at idle. I am now thinking thermostats as I did impellors last fall during winterization even tho the boat did not hit water last year. SO I am thinking..1)defective thermostat, 2) defective sensor of some sort. This is overwhelming as there are so many things to check! before I start taking the thermostats out I thought I should test the sensors, and have been told I can disconnect them while alarm sounding and see which one stops it. I have lost the whole summer so far and don't have the cash to put it into the shop as I understand their diagnostic device can tell me what alarm I have since it did go into safe mode. I just need ideas on what to check next, sensor, thermostat? What do I do next?? Help!! PS, my oil tanks are full in hull and on motors, seems to have plenty of pressure as when I unscrew it a fairly loud air discharge is heard. Help!!