Quicksilver remote for 1989 Mariner 75

unimog1968

Recruit
Hi there, I have my Dads Fletcher c/w 75 Mariner and quicksilver side mount remote control. the complete outfit has done about 40 hrs in total. The trim/tilt switch was faulty and I dismantled the remote. I have now managed to smash the micro switch inside the remote. I am an Electrican by trade and still reasonably handy!:confused: Should I buy a new remote, or is it possible to find the right switch etc. and fix the existing remote?

I intend fitting a rocker (2way and off) type switch for the trim/tilt, to the dashboard and bypassing the one on the handle.

Cheers all.

aussieflash

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Quicksilver remote for 1989 Mariner 75

I had the same problem with my switch on an 88 quicksilver remote.I pulled mine apart and dismantled the switch(not smashed it)and cleaned the points and it's still working today,8 months later.Once I folded the rubber case back it actually unclipped with ease.
Your second option seems your only choice and will work fine.I almost put one in myself as a backup and still might do it.

suivax

Recruit

I had the same problem with my switch on an 88 quicksilver remote.I pulled mine apart and dismantled the switch(not smashed it)and cleaned the points and it's still working today,8 months later.

Hi aussie, I know this is an old thread... Hoping you can help me. How did you get the switch out? Did you have to take the main bolt out to remove the shifter? Do you have this same remote?

Thank you!
Jeff

IMAG0561.jpgIMAG0564.jpgswitch_1.JPGshifter.JPG

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

This is why you don't post to old threads. Aussieflash hasn't been here since January. Please start your own thread if you want answers.