Mercury 150 Black Max Identification & serial # location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Albea

Recruit
I am considering the purchase of a 1992 Sea Lion 19' center console.The boat is very clean. The current owner knows very little about the past history and has only owned the boat for about a year. I am going back to check the compression and have a second look at the boat. The motor seems to run fine. Idle seems to be a little high. I am concerned because I cant find a serial # on the motor (the sticker is missing on the mount ) and it has a 2 pc cowl. It has carbs, and the oil injection unit is still functioning. My only experience is with my 1992 Mariner 150 that has a 1 pc cowl and looks like a much later model. any help would be appreciated.

Cole02

Recruit
I am considering the purchase of a 1992 Sea Lion 19' center console.The boat is very clean. The current owner knows very little about the past history and has only owned the boat for about a year. I am going back to check the compression and have a second look at the boat. The motor seems to run fine. Idle seems to be a little high. I am concerned because I cant find a serial # on the motor (the sticker is missing on the mount ) and it has a 2 pc cowl. It has carbs, and the oil injection unit is still functioning. My only experience is with my 1992 Mariner 150 that has a 1 pc cowl and looks like a much later model. any help would be appreciated.
Hey Greg do you purchase the boat? I just bought one and can’t find a single thing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.