1994 Sea Rayder 130 with Mercury Sport Jet 90

Cpt Hook

Recruit
I recently purchased this boat. The engine runs strong, but the boat will not go over 8 or 9 mph. Though the engine revs up with increased throttle, the boat does not gain speed. I've noticed that the outter plate on the bottom of the boat is bent down in the front (about an inch).

Where can I find a repair manual, as well as parts for the boat and jet drive unit?

The serial number plate on the engine is illegible...any way to find out what my serial number might be?

Thnx...peace

digger112

Recruit
Re: 1994 Sea Rayder 130 with Mercury Sport Jet 90

First things first, You need to take the ride plate off and try to bend it back striaght or replace it. The bent ride plate will allow exhaust gas to escape under the boat and into the pump. It would have the same effect as spinning tires on ice, or to say the impeller wont be able to grip the way it should. The one thing a pump wont tolerate is air, either from the exhaust or some other source. It was prolly bent from starting it out of the water, engine backfired and bent it. I remove my ride plate any time I am planning on starting it out of the water. Its only a few screws and doesnt take long at all.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1994 Sea Rayder 130 with Mercury Sport Jet 90

Digger, please look at the dates of these threads, and pay attention to the red warning bar about old threads.
This one is almost 2 years old, I'm sure he isn't still waiting for an answer.

Here is from the forum rules as well.

12. Please do not post to threads that have been inactive for more than 3 months UN-LESS you are the original poster. We have very active forums and any thread that remains inactive for that long should be considered "dead". It is especially confusing when there is an entirely new question posted to an old thread. This is considered a hijack. Please start a new thread of your own.