1973 mercury tilt and trim valve body diagram.

DANK1984

Recruit
Alright so got a trim and tilt pump and valve body, its the four line model. It was taken apart when I got it, motor works fine. seems to be in good shape, what I need to know is how to put all the check balls and springs in place as they are in a bag. Got the whole trim and tilt for $25 and he bought a cmc powerlift instead. Also a few of the springs either seem to be missing or damaged, I have 3 springs but 5 check balls? So if anyone has a diagram for it would be greatly appreicated.
Daniel

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1973 mercury tilt and trim valve body diagram.

Save yourself some time and effort and throw it in the trash(valve body), you cannot rebuild these unless you you have the factory assembly test box. Its a small reservoir box with a long shaft to drive pump with guages attached to outlets. This allows you to run pump and adjust the settings on the pressure valves. The pressures have to be correct for it to function correctly and the pressures are: down circuit pressure valve(1000psi) and the up circuit pressure valve(3300psi) and impact relief valve(1100psi),shuttle valve 150 psi. If not set correctly you can split hoses or blow hoses loose from valve body or cylinders destroying threads and sealing surfaces. As for balls and springs there is a total of 8 balls and springs of various size and compression rate used in this valve body...

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Dank, I may have one laying around. It is likely in working condition. PM me if you want it.

DANK1984

Recruit

so thats why he said it was probably trying to climb out of the water when in reverse since the reverse lock was locked. Thanks

monk-monk

Chief Petty Officer

Dank, I specialize in rebuilding/remanufacturing these trim pumps...AND GUESS WHAT, I DO HAVE A COMPLETE DIAGRAM of the parts...check balls, springs etc...BUT if you are missing springs, that spells trouble....the correct replacement springs are very hard to find....i DO have spare springs and other parts for these 4 line units...DON'T BE MIS-LED HERE...these pumps are servicable/repairable...I do it all the time, i have already rebuilt and sold 8 of these pumps in the last 2 months...people have no idea what they are buying when purchasing a used pump...i will not even sell a used pump...most of the hydraulic channels are gummed-up...relief valves stuck etc....if you need advice, contact me at: challectric@gmail.com