Mercury 200 Saltwater EFI stalls at full throttle....Need Advice for troubleshooting

scisgr8

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 2001 Mercury 200HP Saltwater EFI. For the past season and a half or so, the engine will stall at full throttle. Starts fine, idles, runs fine until full throttle. I can cruise for ever at around 35 mph or 3/4 throttle, but when I throttle it down to full and climb over 40mph, the engine will completely stall.

I've recently replaced both fuel filters, an external and inline filter and neither of these seem to solve the problem. I've treated the fuel with stabil several times and for at least the last year or so I've been running non-ethanol fuel, so I'm sort of stymied to what might be causing this issue.

If anyone else has experienced this or if anyone has any advice as to the next steps I should take to troubleshoot, it is much appreciated.

scisgr8

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Mercury 200 Saltwater EFI stalls at full throttle....Need Advice for troubleshoot

Any Advice? Anyone? I responded to move this back up to the top of the forum hoping someone could provide some friendly advice. Thanks in Advance!

1nebel0

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Mercury 200 Saltwater EFI stalls at full throttle....Need Advice for troubleshoot

Well it could be so many things where does one begin is probably what the guys are saying after reading your post....I will throw some things at you not saying any that any one of them is the culprit...First thing I would do is send out the injectors to Brucato and they will flow them before and after cleaning..that eliminates the injectors causing you problems...Next you need to check fuel pressures...changing the fuel filters would have been next..Once you have eliminated fuel as a problem it is time to test stator, swith boxes with DVA meter and peak voltage adapter...Hope some of this helps...I send my injector out every year as yearly maintainance..It is the best money you can spend to insure not having a lean cylinder...Lastly, be sure if you take the injectors out that you have the electrical plug installed correctly on each injector.. have heard from the shop I deal with that they have seen where the diy person didn't make sure the plugs were installed correctly and the customer ate a motor due to the injector not firing and the cylinder getting no lubrication...hope this helps....

dlp500toncapt

Recruit

My 1997 150 EFI stalls at full throttle, just like the key was shut off. The Motor starts right up and runs fine. The problem seems to be intermintent. At one point my primer ball sucked in like drawing a vacume I am running two water sapraters, I changed both and replaced my fuel lines and removed the ball, I run non-ethanol and seem to get fuel but the fuel line is on a long run almost 20' Should I install in line fuel pump at the tank with a regulator? and why does it shut down at full throttle. Thank you for your help.

Ava14

Recruit

My 1997 150 EFI stalls at full throttle, just like the key was shut off. The Motor starts right up and runs fine. The problem seems to be intermintent. At one point my primer ball sucked in like drawing a vacume I am running two water sapraters, I changed both and replaced my fuel lines and removed the ball, I run non-ethanol and seem to get fuel but the fuel line is on a long run almost 20' Should I install in line fuel pump at the tank with a regulator? and why does it shut down at full throttle. Thank you for your help.

Did you ever figure out the problem , I have the same problem with my 2003 optimax 135 hp efi ,if you could help me I would compensate you for your info thanks , al. Rht327@gmail.com