7.5 Mercury (what is one worth?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SC1650

Seaman
I have a friend who wants to buy my 7.5 Mercury motor. Short Shaft. I really don't need it and I don't want to make an enemy of him by asking way to much for the unit. It is either a 1980 or 1981 model, I was really never able to decipher which. Can anyone give me an idea of the potential value so I can offer it to this friend at a reduced price? Thanks for any help.

Steve

cajunman83

Cadet
Re: 7.5 Mercury (what is one worth?)

I would say around $300. If it's a really good friend, I'd even consider $250 or less.

Aaron Lariscy

Seaman Apprentice

I would say around $300. If it's a really good friend, I'd even consider $250 or less.

If you were a good friend you wouldn't sell it to him. I just bought one and it the biggest mistake I ever made there are too many NLA parts for them that makes it impossible to do basic maintence.

SC1650

Seaman

Thanks, that was what I was looking for. I had the same figure in mind that you did. I did check on Ebay and they had one going for over $700. Way to much for that motor. The $250 figure is good. This motor runs just fine. A little hard to start but a minor tune-up should take care of that. Again thanks for the reply.

Steve

bktheking

Vice Admiral

You just don't know the right places to look, lots of NLA parts avail but like most merc's it's a hunt to find them.

john's old merc site- good folks always willing to share parts

east coast marine service- bought out Bob Grubb, he was a merc dealer for years and years.

Fleabay of course

a good 7.5 here in town will fetch 3-500 depending on condition.

Camm

Recruit
Need a little help starting my motor. It is a 1987?merc 7..5. It has sat for 3 years ..looks like new. Getting spark. Have used starting fluid. Cant even get it to caugh once.any ideas on trouble shooting??

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
You may want to start your own thread to cover your project.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Need a little help starting my motor. It is a 1987?merc 7..5. It has sat for 3 years ..looks like new. Getting spark. Have used starting fluid. Cant even get it to caugh once.any ideas on trouble shooting??

Not worth 2 cents, which is the topic of this old thread.
[h=3]Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.[/h] Below are some additional forum policies in hopes of all iboats members will follow, Thank you.

1. Please do not reply to old topics or hijack existing topics. Old topics of a technical nature are like a library book, Please do not write in them.

2. Old topics should be considered archives and used for reference only. Please do not reply to them.

3. Do not take over someone else?s topic (aka hijack) with your own question, even if it is similar. If you have a question that has not been covered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new topic of your own.

4. If you have a question for the original poster (OP) and the topic is over 30 days old, send the OP a PM, he may not even visit the forums any longer, or may not notice your question in the old topic.

5. By starting your own topic, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum helpers that may not even notice your question when it?s posted at the end of someone else?s topic. And those answers will be specific to your particular issue.

6. Please do not post to topics that have been inactive for more than 3 months unless you are the original poster. We have very active forums and any topic that remains inactive for that long should be considered "dead". It is especially confusing when there is an entirely new question posted to an old topic.

7. Posting at the end of any topic is considered to be hijacking the original posters topic which in turn subjects the topic to be closed if it continues to happen thus not making it fair to the original poster in the future had for some reason he/she needed to return for additional information or provide an update of the problem solved which is always welcomed within a reasonable amount of time frame.

8. Please note that you should see a red banner pop up near the bottom of each inactive topic asking you not to reply to old topics. The Red banner will read: Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/

Status
Not open for further replies.