1969 Mercury Kiekhaefer 4HP lower unit compatability

Quad82

Seaman Apprentice
Hello
I have a 1969 red stripe 4 horse ( S# 2598184) with a trashed lower unit. Hit a rock. I have located a late 60s early 70s 7.5HP Kiekhaefer doner lower unit. From pictures and measurements, they seen to be the same. Can any one give me a year and or horsepower conversion chart? I have searched all I could find on 69 lower unit. But have not found the answer I was after. I do see water impellers for this motor listed as 4, 5 and 6 HP. Or if some one has a used lower unit for this 4 horse, I would be interested. Thanks, Darrell

Quad82

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1969 Mercury Kiekhaefer 4HP lower unit compatability

Any help would be helpful. Thanks

purz

Recruit

I think I have the same motor (serial 3028880) and cannot find hardly any info on them. Sorry I cant help on your question but instead have a question of my own. I am trying to find the correct size of the female fuel line adapter to use with this motor. Have you tried this web site http://www.nicksoutboardmarine.com ? I just found it tonight but they are closed so I wasn't able to get a hold of anyone. You might see if they can help you.

mmf

Petty Officer 2nd Class

look up your lower unit housing and driveshaft on boats.net or usboatsupply.com and write down the mercury part numbers for the 4 hp motor then do a similar lookup on a 7.5 hp and see if the part number correspond with each other, I believe the 7.5 will work