2008 50 hp mercury

jwdawgs

Recruit
New to the site but i am gonna give y'all a try //////// so here is what i got, just bought a new boat w/a 50 hp 2 stroke supposedly has under 20 hours on motor and he tells me only ever filled up it twice, it was in storage for a year don't think ever took it out once it got to the storage yard. anyway. tank was full when i got it treated with stabil marine and took it out, runs good at wot but does not idle and stalls at idle, I siphoned gas out and put 15 gallons of high Tess gas and treated gas w/ stabil-marine, took out again this morning and does the same thing, bought new plugs today thinking they might be bad, nah that wasn't it, looking for other options before i take her in the shop, thinking pulling the drain plugs out of the carbs and spraying carb cleaner in them really good, i don't know what else i can do i did have to pump up the bulb a couple of times after stalling on the water so might be some kind of restriction flow or something // engine looks really clean and new so that's why i am leaning towards the carb's

M

Maxz695

Re: 2008 50 hp mercury

could be the fuel pump needs to be rebuilt or the bulb is bad gas will flow back to the tank if the check valve is no good. check and change fuel filter also fuel lines may be cracked