mercury 2002 30 hp 4 stroke

Hello All,
I hope you can tell by the name what I do.I am petty good at working with my hands.Any way , I have a 2002 mercury 30 hp 4 stroke.Had been in the proces of installing stick steering & remote throttle?This was started several years ago , had some really serious medical problems , had to stop . Was able to keep batteries maintained & charged gas is good , always started and ran engine for at least 20 minutes every couple of months with no problems , started and ran just right. Now, the other day guess what? it would not start. I do have a few small wires hanging , plugs too , electrical , not spark.
I'm almost sure this was left from changing from tiller steer and was like this before I started having a problem . One problem ,would be great if you could tell me how to fix is , I had a bad stroke a few months ago , I have no memory at all, but I still think these wires and plugs were there before. Would have been unlike me to leave sometthing like that 1/2 finished . Enginre turns over just fine , good spark, don't think i'm getting fuel to the injectors . Did not see any any way Can shoot ether in the cylinder & it will run for a second . Any advice would be appreciated . Dan

Last edited:

carholme

Rear Admiral
Re: mercury 2002 30 hp 4 stroke

Dan;

Sorry to hear about your stroke and hope that things are going well for you now.

If you have the s/n of your engine, I can get you the online service manual and the correct parts listing. At least with the wiring diagrams, it may help you to sort out the bits that are not connected.

Gerry

Serial number is ot696490 / model # 1a30311ab . You have no idea how much help this will be to me i'm doing great considering what several doctors told my wife . I would never be able to get out of bed by myself . Less than 1 hour latedr i was picked up on the side of the road by police , i was going home . Tookm me back , but i was let go a week later. Telling you this because don't believe everything doctors tell you. Thanks again my friend

M

Maxz695

I myself don,t trust them and only would go to one if i was dying i suspect lung cancer or TB gets beter then returns but i,m stuborn still got a red mark in my arm from an IV I got when i was 11 years old i,m going on 49

carholme

Rear Admiral

Dan;
You stated that your model number was 1a30311ab, however your s/n comes up as 1A30311AD

1A30311AD MERCURY 2003 30EFI

Parts listing:

http://www.crowleymarine.com/mercury-outboard/6995.cfm

Service manual:

http://1manual.com/Mercury manuals/Service Manual PDFs/FourStroke/883064/cover.pdf

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you will see the various components listed in the red blocks on the LH side of the page. You can read these online or download them individually to your computer.

If you look under Section 8, Colour Diagrams, there are two large schematics for Tiller setup or Remote Control and these should be helpful to you in finding those loose electrical plugs and where they go.

If you are more comfortable with written service manual, you can order it as p/n 90-883064R02, which you will see in the parts listing under Service and Support Material.

Gerry

Last edited:

I got it. Took a syringe full of gas and pushed it in the fuel line going to the fuel pump a few times . It would run a second or two each time . 5 or 6 times of that , i hooked the fuel line back up & its running fine now. Would that be vapor or air lock ? Think from now on i'll run it more often.thank you again