Wiring diagram from pull to electric start on Mariner 20Hp 1985

marlyse

Cadet
I bought a conversion kit (used) for my outboard Mariner 20HP 1985 car it is too hard for us to keep the pull start. So, now it will be an electric starter. Please tell me where it is possible to find the wiring diagram to convert it ? I need your help please!!!

ONERCBOATER

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Wiring diagram from pull to electric start on Mariner 20Hp 1985

in the manual for the engine, you would look at the schematic and note the connections and be able to move confidently i would think.
That said, what parts do you have for your "conversion" start button, starter, solenoid, cables, different stator, different flywheel.... etc... not sure if you have any or all of those parts, not sure that you will need them... my merc exp ends about 1978 or so, will the conversion allow you to charge your battery as well as just start from it?
More information please, what kit, where did ya get it, who made the kit, and such not. maybe a link to the site.
If this "kit" is factory then you would follow the manual on how to put it all together, if it is an aftermarket kit it would hopefully come with directions.

sean

marlyse

Cadet

Thank you Sean, In fact I bought all the parts at a repair marine and I have the manual so we will try to fix it with the manual. I asked for the wiring diagram because I don't speak english too well. Thank You for your help and you are right because somme of theses parts are actually in the motor.
in the manual for the engine, you would look at the schematic and note the connections and be able to move confidently i would think.
That said, what parts do you have for your "conversion" start button, starter, solenoid, cables, different stator, different flywheel.... etc... not sure if you have any or all of those parts, not sure that you will need them... my merc exp ends about 1978 or so, will the conversion allow you to charge your battery as well as just start from it?
More information please, what kit, where did ya get it, who made the kit, and such not. maybe a link to the site.
If this "kit" is factory then you would follow the manual on how to put it all together, if it is an aftermarket kit it would hopefully come with directions.

sean

Laddies

Banned

12.jpg

marlyse

Cadet

Thank you for this wiring diagram. I appreciate it will be useful but I tried to print it and all I see on my paper is what we writed only not the diagram do you have an idea why?

windy5849

Petty Officer 1st Class

Put your mouse cursor on the picture and use the right click button to open a pop up menu.From the menu,select,print picture.Hope this helps.

marlyse

Cadet

Thank you. I did it and I have my wiring diagram on paper now.