2001 mercury xr6 150 bleed hose routing PLEASE HELP.

mlandry32

Cadet
I recently had a guy rebuilld my 150 merc. and it has hesitation problems and was out of time also. i have started checking over everything and the bleed hose routing is all wrong. i also found that he tried to repair reed block gasket with gasket maker and it actualy plugged up one of the bleed hose ports. Ive got new gaskets on the way. they will be here tomorrow. Anyways my question is if these hoses are all routed wrong is it gonna make the engine run bad and have a hesitaion and miss. I do have have 125 psi on all 6 cyl. carbs are clean also and fuel pump has been rebuilt.

carholme

Rear Admiral
Re: 2001 mercury xr6 150 bleed hose routing PLEASE HELP.

mlandry32;

Do you have a service manual for your engine as there are good pictures in the manual of hose routing. If you provide your s/n, there may be one online available for you.

Gerry

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

Get some of yer money back!!! Misrouted bleed lines can cause idling problems and bogging if idled to long as raw fuel is thrown into intake and fouls plug. If you rev it up and then put in gear and it runs ok there is a puddling problem. Go to link below and click on powerhead and page 14 for bleed line diagram. I think I would pull intake and check rod bolt torques also..
http://1manual.com/Mercury manuals/Service Manual PDFs/TwoStroke/878079/4a.pdf

mlandry32

Cadet

Get some of yer money back!!! Misrouted bleed lines can cause idling problems and bogging if idled to long as raw fuel is thrown into intake and fouls plug. If you rev it up and then put in gear and it runs ok there is a puddling problem. Go to link below and click on powerhead and page 14 for bleed line diagram. I think I would pull intake and check rod bolt torques also..
http://1manual.com/Mercury manuals/Service Manual PDFs/TwoStroke/878079/4a.pdf

I do have a hose routing diagram and have definetly verified that they are routed wrong. This could be my main problem then. Would it cause it to act like its running out of fuel if u are at a steady cruise around 2500 to 3000 rpm. The timing was also set to 32 degrees and is suppose to be at 20

mlandry32

Cadet

i want to thank you guys for taking your time to answer my questions.

mlandry32

Cadet

I do have a hose routing diagram and have definetly verified that they are routed wrong. This could be my main problem then. Would it cause it to act like its running out of fuel if u are at a steady cruise around 2500 to 3000 rpm. The timing was also set to 32 degrees and is suppose to be at 20

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

Would it cause it to act like its running out of fuel if u are at a steady cruise around 2500 to 3000 rpm.
Nope.....but running it at part throttle at 32? can cause need to rebuild it again!!!! I myself would pull the heads and inspect the cylinder walls and pistons and I would not trust anything to be correct that this fellow has done for you. It would be a shame to get it straigtened out and then have a rod come loose from improper torque. Sorry........