How to Clean a Carburetor (8hp Mercury 4-stroke)

How to Clean a Carburetor (8hp Mercury 4-stroke)

• Total voters

ONERCBOATER

Chief Petty Officer
Re: How to Clean a Carburetor (8hp Mercury 4-stroke)

Great vidio, that should definitely make life easier for those unsure of what is in their carb, and or how to properly take it apart. You have done a great service to many people with this video.

my method is a lil different, what i do is completely disassemble the carb to the last part, then use and ultrasonic cleaner with very hot water and dawn dishsoap to clean everything. if it needs a lil more help or i am in a hurry then i help it out with an electric toothbrush which at times is my best friend in cleaning hard to reach areas. I have found that 20min to 1hr in hot bath ultrasonic cleaner with dish soap leaves your average carb looking completely new and clean, with out the use of toxic carb cleaner. I have also found that purple power cleaner eats aluminum and is not a good idea. For those that have a pet and child free work area, either a crock pot or hot bath ultrasonic cleaner filled with old fashioned green antifreeze will dissolve most every thing that gummed or caked on or in carb and leave it incredibly clean (this trick i learned from cleaning radio control airplane and car engines it is amazing)
also something else that comes to mind, don't forget to link and synch after car work.

Sean