2005 Mercury 2-stroke 50hp warning horn

reelease

Recruit
Hey everyone,
I have a 2005 merc. 50hp 2-stroke. I have been told the 2 and 3 cyl. models didn't have the usual warning horn beep on start up. Does anyone know how you can change that? Would a new ignition/key start or ECM give you the warning horn beep on start up?
I have cheked my temp sensor and oil sensor grounding them out so I know the horn is working... I just would like that extra peace of mind knowing the horn actually works when you crank it up.
Any help is appreciated.

SparkieBoat

Captain
Re: 2005 Mercury 2-stroke 50hp warning horn

buy a second back-up horn..they are cheap at radio shack 12V alarm/horn..not sure about how to make them do the crank up beep.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

that engine does not have an ECU. Adding another horn is not a way to check the one that is already there. Makes no sense. the object is to test the one you have. One way to do it would be to add a relay that applies a ground to the temp sender when the key is turned to the start position. It would sound the horn and then release the relay when the key returns to RUN.

that engine does not have an ECU. Adding another horn is not a way to check the one that is already there. Makes no sense. the object is to test the one you have. One way to do it would be to add a relay that applies a ground to the temp sender when the key is turned to the start position. It would sound the horn and then release the relay when the key returns to RUN.

Diagram?