2004 Mercury 15hp 2-Stroke O/B Carb Leak

New Course

Recruit
During priming, fuel is seen leaking from vent hole on the primer assembly cover and the gasket looks saturated. Does this imply a bad primer diaphragm or something wrong with spring/ball valve?

keawe

Recruit
Re: 2000 Mercury 15hp 2-Stroke Carb Leak

Re: 2000 Mercury 15hp 2-Stroke Carb Leak

i have a yr 2000 15 hp 2 stroke mercury. about a month ago i have been running this motor on my 11' boston whaler and it started dying out on me while trolling. about a week after, i tried starting it up to test and i had a hard time getting it started. when i try to squeeze the ball to prime, i would see lots of gas pouring out from the top of the carb. so, i ordered me a carb kit and a seloc manual and changed all gaskets and i also bent the float arm to to get the height that the manual was asking which is 1" from the bottom of the float. i had put the carb back in place and it started up just fine for a few seconds then it would die. so, i pulled out the gas line from the motor, then fired it up and while it was running without the gas line hooked up, as soon as i hooked the gas line back it would die. It still leaks gas out of the carb when i squeez the primer bulb. does anyone know whats wrong?