225hp Mercury 4-beep code

letumlite

Recruit
I am getting a 4 beep code on my 2002 225hp EFI Mercury. The motor would beep 4 times then stop for a few minutes then repeat. I have what seemed to be good water pressure(changed pump and outside water filter this spring), the outside oil tank was half full and the one under the cover is full to the top. I checked the fuel filter under the cover and all seems good. Later, I was on top and the motor fell off step as if it overheated and cut ignition to half the engine. The motor seems to run fine up to 2000prms but when trying to get on step the alarm goes off and half the cylinders seem to cut off and I have to put to motor in neutral for the alarm to go off again, then idles fine. Can anyone help???:confused:

Re: 225hp Mercury 4-beep code

ob help.jpg

Check oil level switch on the oil tank (engine), water in fuel, overheat temp switch. Sounds like you have intermittent problems causing rpm reduction. Their should be a black box with a red light on it, if this is illuminated it means water is in fuel.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

My neighbor just had that similar problem.The oil tank on the motor the magnet in the tank was not acting right.

He ended up buying a new tank and it stopped it.
The only thing is you need to take it to the dealer to get the computer reset.J

brent345

Recruit

Hello, I have the same year and make of your boat. It's doing the exact same thing. Did you ever figure out what was wrong? Thanks for any replies.