Throttle cable problem with 1999 triton

gunner_1911

Cadet
On the lake today, the throttle suddenly stopped working. The throttle lever will shift engine, but will not take motor off idle. After getting it home, I checked out the engine side and found no problem with the cable. I believe the cable came off the operator throttle lever, but can't figure out how to get the T-lever off to see what the problem is. Any suggestions? 1999 triton 18' with 150 hp merc.
thanks
jim

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Throttle cable problem with 1999 triton

what controller do you have. there are many. picture would be a start.

rsimmons42

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hope I can help you out here. This happened to me just a few weeks back. I also have a Triton. I have the Triton Tr-20x, mine has the hot foot with a 225 Merc.

When my number was called for launch at a tournament i went to hit the gas and nothing, the pedal wouldn't move and the throttle wouldn't move.

Idled back to dock, took off cowling, took a minute to find problem. My trottle link was not connected and was binding. I had nocked it loose during a cleaning of the engine.

I would look at your link rod.

gunner_1911

Cadet

hope I can help you out here. This happened to me just a few weeks back. I also have a Triton. I have the Triton Tr-20x, mine has the hot foot with a 225 Merc.

When my number was called for launch at a tournament i went to hit the gas and nothing, the pedal wouldn't move and the throttle wouldn't move.

Idled back to dock, took off cowling, took a minute to find problem. My trottle link was not connected and was binding. I had nocked it loose during a cleaning of the engine.

I would look at your link rod.

Everything on the engine side looks good. The throttle is not moving the cable at all. That's why I'm "assuming" it's on the throttle arm side.
jim