Mercury Need to Identify This Part

acs9871

Recruit
I cannot seem to get an answer on what exactly this part is called. I took it to a local marina and they said it was an oil sender but they dont carry them. If anyone can tell me exactly what this part is called I would appreciate it because I need to order a new one since the plastic piece the tube for the oil connects to broke off. Thanks for any help

Engine I have is a Mercury 150 xr6..I believe its a '99 but im not 100% on that.

Attachments

• DSCN1101.JPG
    DSCN1101.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 0

mrallen007

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Mercury Need to Identify This Part

Is this the piece connected to the oil reservoir cap that extends down into the primary oil reservoir?

acs9871

Recruit

yeah this piece sits inside the oil looks like it connects into the oil and gas.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

That comes in two seperate pieces, the tube is part # 32-99802 and the adapter were the hoses attach is part #816190A4. Go to boats.net for best pricing....

acs9871

Recruit

well actually i am not positive that it connects oil and gas but that is just what I assume

mrallen007

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ok. The assembly at the top where all the connections are is the sender assembly itself. There is an o-ring and a tube assembly connected which slips down into the oil reservoir. Follow this link and refer to parts 11, 12, and 13. It sounds to me like 11 is what you're looking for, the sender assembly itself. Brace yourself my friend. It aint cheap. You can order it from these guys or shop around. Feel free to double check (I didn't sleep much last night :)) but you're looking for the Oil Sender Assembly part #816190A4.

http://www.crowleymarine.com/mercury-outboard/parts/3998_280.cfm

Hope this helps!

mrallen007

Petty Officer 1st Class

Boats.net? Haven't been there yet. Gonna have to check them out. Thanks Faztbullet! :)

acs9871

Recruit

Thank you for your help, that is indeed what it is and wow that is quite an expensive little piece...

j_martin

Admiral

Ask around. A lot of paranoid folks tear the oil system off and might have one laying around.

hope it helps
John