Poppet valve Install

Jonezin

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 1988 V6 135 Sea Ray Edition. with the old clam shell housing. I'm going to replace the poppet valve. But how in de hell do I move the lower part of the clam shell out the way. Its a one piece.(I hate those)

Also I have been noticing when I run it off the hose it seams as if its not getting enough water, shallow pee stream and it very hot but gauge says its 145. I put a new IMPELLER, WATER PUMP with PUMP BODY ASSEMBLY in it this spring. Just seem like I'm not getting pressure. If i reeve it up then it will but I know that's the poppet opening. It flat lined on me once a few weeks a go, had it WOT and then DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP:eek:. Poppet has never been changed. I see why.

Thanks Guys you'll always wealth of information....

gss036

Commander
Re: Poppet valve Install

It is not one solid piece. It splits in the middle, front and rear. Remove the 3 5/16's cap screws on each end, no need to remove anything else, just tap the side where the poppet is and it will come loose so you can drop it down, nothing is attached to it.

Jonezin

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Poppet valve Install

Thats not the case here just went out and looked at, the base that top sits on or in that has the two lock downs to keep the cover on is one solid peace. No left and right, no front and back.