1995 mercury 200 2.5 no pwr/cutting out

123minnow

Recruit
First off I'd like to say hello to everyone. My problem is with my 1995 mercury 200 2.5. It cranks fine and idles fine but when you try to take off it doesn't have enough power to plane off, just bogs down. It may do this a few times then it may take off and run fine. Last time I went out it did this but when ittook off and I was running at about 3/4 throttle I hit the trim because of some barge waves and it almost killed the motor, and it wouldn't plane off again it would just bog down. I don't think its charging like it should, I made sure my battery was hot and still had trouble, flushed out the old gas and I don't know what to try now. Any Ideas would be very helpfull. Thanks.

burky176

Recruit
Re: 1995 mercury 200 2.5 no pwr/cutting out

First off I'd like to say hello to everyone. My problem is with my 1995 mercury 200 2.5. It cranks fine and idles fine but when you try to take off it doesn't have enough power to plane off, just bogs down. It may do this a few times then it may take off and run fine. Last time I went out it did this but when ittook off and I was running at about 3/4 throttle I hit the trim because of some barge waves and it almost killed the motor, and it wouldn't plane off again it would just bog down. I don't think its charging like it should, I made sure my battery was hot and still had trouble, flushed out the old gas and I don't know what to try now. Any Ideas would be very helpfull. Thanks.

Did you ever find out what was causing this? I'm having the same problem on my 175 merc.