1985 Mariner 115 Ignition Problems

Hey everyone quick question, I recently found out the trigger is bad on my mariner 115 (Inline-6). I changed the top Switchbox before i found the bad trigger. my question is will the trigger cause the switchbox to go bad or just not work correctly? I'm ordering a new trigger but do i need a new switchbox too?

Background Story
At the end of last season i was out on the lake and my boat started giving me some trouble. I felt like it would hesitate and the rpms would jump. This caused Burst of acceleration then the rpms would drop and it would decelerate. It was the end of the season so i left it to this year. I took the boat out again and now she runs good without a load but she cant push herself to get on top of the water and the rpms no longer jump. Ive done a lot of test myself. First I Checked for bad gas being because i had just filled her up. next i checked the spark and found that i didnt have spark in cylinders one (1) and three (3). Also when i checked the spark i also did a compression test on the cylinders all the cylinder were with range. i change the spark plugs hoping for a quick fix and it was a no go still. I the checked the coils by switching out coils. Long a story short the coils were fine. From reading the forum i figured out that a switchbox going bad can cause multiple cylinders to loss spark so i order one and changed the top switch box which runs the first 3 cylinders (1-3) When i changed the switchbox the boat ran great for like 10 mins, the the rpms sudden dropped and the boat lost momentum. I finally broke down and bought a manuel after this and since then i tested the stator (normal) and the trigger (Bad). I have studied the manuel and have a good understanding or the ignition operation. I going to buy a trigger soon and replace it but do i need to replace the switchbox again?