Mercury 115 4 Stroke Water Pressure Problem

dnelson

Recruit
Need some help with a water pressure problem on a 2006 115 4 stroke. I have no pressure at the water pressure gauge. Have pulled the plug at the block the feeds the water pressure gauge and get nothing there as well and have been told it should be shooting water when running so no water is getting to the gauge. There have been no over heating problems and I get a great stream of water out of the pee hole and exhaust. So what gives here? I am assuming something is plugged up but where?

dnelson

Recruit
Re: Mercury 115 4 Stroke Water Pressure Problem

According to my local dealer I am only getting water to one side of the block which is why there is nothing coming out of the connection in the block to the water pressure gauge. Of course they want me to bring it in but I would rather do the repair myself if I know where to start.

Hello

It sounds like you got some gunk pluging up the passage ways. Which one? Sorry my ESP is shot.
Take out your 'Mercury' service manual , not a cheapie one to find which passage way. Clean the gunk out and you'll be back in fat city. This only will work if your water pump impeller is not half wore out.
"One" dry start can do this! When was the last time you replaced it? Do you know how to replace it?

sdsaw

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If this gauge has been on there for a while and this is a new problem, I'm thinking that you are getting a blockage at the tube hook-up port.
Remove the tube and poke a piece of wire to clear the blockage.
I can hook up a garden hose at the flush port and not run the motor and get water flowing from the gauge port.
I'm experiencing this same issue on a 2001 115 fourstroke (Yamaha powerhead)
Hope this helps