1995 Mariner 150 Oil Alarm

JThompson75

Recruit
20 miles out in the Atlantic my oil alarm went off. I immediately shut the engine down and checked the reservoir, which is full. It's not EFI so no water separator filter to check. Temp was fine, so I started back up and kept trolling, keeping an eye, nose, and ear out for anything else abnormal and the alarm continued for about 5 minutes, then stopped. After about 30 minutes the alarm sounded again, this time lasting for about a minute, then stopped again...from then on it would beep about 10 seconds or less every once in a while, with just the occasional time where the beeps would last about 3 or 4 minutes. I continued fishing (trolling) for another 5 hours or so after the alarm first sounded, then headed back to the boat ramp running near full-throttle for about a half hour. The whole ride in to the ramp the alarm sounded a few beeps lasting less than 10 seconds. With this kind of on again/off again alarm sounding...would this be a possible sign of an oil injector pump "going bad" but not quite dead yet...or a possible bad sensor or other electrical issue causing a false alarm? Appreciate any input.

tysdad2010

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 1995 Mariner 150 Oil Alarm

20 miles out in the Atlantic my oil alarm went off. I immediately shut the engine down and checked the reservoir, which is full. It's not EFI so no water separator filter to check. Temp was fine, so I started back up and kept trolling, keeping an eye, nose, and ear out for anything else abnormal and the alarm continued for about 5 minutes, then stopped. After about 30 minutes the alarm sounded again, this time lasting for about a minute, then stopped again...from then on it would beep about 10 seconds or less every once in a while, with just the occasional time where the beeps would last about 3 or 4 minutes. I continued fishing (trolling) for another 5 hours or so after the alarm first sounded, then headed back to the boat ramp running near full-throttle for about a half hour. The whole ride in to the ramp the alarm sounded a few beeps lasting less than 10 seconds. With this kind of on again/off again alarm sounding...would this be a possible sign of an oil injector pump "going bad" but not quite dead yet...or a possible bad sensor or other electrical issue causing a false alarm? Appreciate any input.

If it is Beeeeeep then its the water pump,poppet valve or thermastats...When I first got my boat it did the same thing comes to find out the thermastats were shot and I went ahead and replaced them and the waterpump and poppet valve

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 1995 Mariner 150 Oil Alarm

Is it a beeeeeeeep or a beep beep beep beep? The first one is heat. The second one is oil.