2007 Mercury 25 EFI 4 Stroke Shifting issue

Fenwick1144

Recruit
My lower unit bearings blew out and Merc replaced it under warranty( lower unit). I don't know if I will hear back as to why. But has anyone experienced the hard clunking shift into gear this motor has (tiller model). Could this hard shifting be related to the lower unit going and/is this normal for this motor.
Please reply if you have a say.

Thanks
Fenwick

Fenwick1144

Recruit
Re: 2007 Mercury 25 EFI 4 Stroke Shifting issue

My lower unit bearings blew out and Merc replaced it under warranty( lower unit). I don't know if I will hear back as to why. But has anyone experienced the hard clunking shift into gear this motor has (tiller model). Could this hard shifting be related to the lower unit going and/is this normal for this motor.
Please reply if you have a say.

Thanks
Fenwick

Following up on my owe question from last year. I talked with a Mercury rep and she told me that the idle is set to high and that is why I feel the hard shift or clunk.
Not sure if anyone will respond to my follow up. But would like to know if anyone else has the same issue? I also heard there maybe a secret screw on the throttle body?
Much appreciate any feed back.

FCalandra

Recruit
Re: 2007 Mercury 25 EFI 4 Stroke Shifting issue

Following up on my owe question from last year. I talked with a Mercury rep and she told me that the idle is set to high and that is why I feel the hard shift or clunk.
Not sure if anyone will respond to my follow up. But would like to know if anyone else has the same issue? I also heard there maybe a secret screw on the throttle body?
Much appreciate any feed back.

I have the same exact engine, it really "clunks into gear, both forward and reverse. Seems that the there should be some kind of device to pre-mesh the gears. I am worried that this clunking will take out the gear case.