• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Below are some additional forum policies in hopes of all iboats members will follow, Thank you.

1. Please do not reply to old threads or hijack existing threads. Old threads of a technical nature are like a library book, Please do not write in them.

2. Old threads should be considered archives and used for reference only. Please do not reply to them.

3. Do not take over someone elseís thread (aka hijack) with your own question, even if it is similar. If you have a question that has not been covered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own.

4. If you have a question for the original poster (OP) and the thread is over 30 days old, send the OP a PM, he may not even visit the forums any longer, or may not notice your question in the old thread.

5. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum helpers that may not even notice your question when itís posted at the end of someone elseís thread. And those answers will be specific to your particular issue.

6. Please do not post to threads that have been inactive for more than 3 months unless you are the original poster. We have very active forums and any thread that remains inactive for that long should be considered "dead". It is especially confusing when there is an entirely new question posted to an old thread.

7. Posting at the end of any thread is considered to be hijacking the original posters thread which in turn subjects the thread to be closed if it continues to happen thus not making it fair to the original poster in the future had for some reason he/she needed to return for additional information or provide an update of the problem solved which is always welcomed within a reasonable amount of time frame.

8. Please note that you should see a red banner pop up near the bottom of each inactive thread asking you not to reply to old threads. The Red banner will read: Please note this thread has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new thread.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

2001 tracker pro team 175 alarm constantly sounding

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 tracker pro team 175 alarm constantly sounding

I have a 2001 bass tracker 175 xt and while riding in rough water one day the alarm began to sound constantly. I ve read that the constant alarm means it is overheating, but it is getting water to the block i believe because water is coming out of the little hole at the back of the motor. How would i determine whether or not its just a faulty alarm module? thanks for your time

Re: 2001 tracker pro team 175 alarm constantly sounding

Well how long were you running before you got the alarm? It could be one of numerous water circulation issues like water pump thermoustat or popit valve or maybe even the temp sending unit.

Comment

There's no "modules" involved, just a simple klixon switch on one of the heads. If it gets too hot, it grounds the same wire that comes from the oil alert module, and sounds the horn. So also will a short anywhere in that circuit.

So find the screw terminal where those 3 wires come together, and seperate them. If the alarm still sounds, there's a short in the wiring. If it quits, connect the oil alert and the temp switch in turn. The one that sounds the alarm is faulty.

hope it helps
      john.

Comment

Thanks guys for the help. When i get back home from college this afternoon i ll try checking those wires. Shankforce to answer your question i had been running for maybe ten minutes from one spot to another a couple weekends ago in a tournament in really i mean really rough water.

I found the little round red looking thing that is about 1 inch long and as round as a quarter that was making all the racket, Im assuming thats the horn? or is that something else?

Comment

Ok i found the temp sensing wire that was a tan color with blue stripe. I disconnected it and the alarm kept going, i then located the two wires coming out from under the oil reservior and disconnected each of them. either one of the wires i disconnected turned the horn off. So I don t really know how to interpret what ive found...any advice? I thought the constant alarm was from overheating? ..by the way the alarm is on always as soon as i turn the key without the motor running. Thanks for your time

Comment

I'm having the exact same problem as you except on a 2000 40HP. This started last weekend while I was on my way in from a day on the lake and the alarm came on (constant) and wouldn't go off. Now As soon as I turn the key (whether eng is running or not) the alarm sounds. Replaced temp sensor & oil level sensor.Traced all wiring from switch to termination points and all appears to be ok. Disconnected temp sensor & alarm still sounds. Disconnected oil level switch & it stops.The only thing I could think off is that the actual buzzer is bad or maybe check the float in the oil resevoir as mentioned above.

Originally posted by zx28 View Post
            Ok i found the temp sensing wire that was a tan color with blue stripe. I disconnected it and the alarm kept going, i then located the two wires coming out from under the oil reservior and disconnected each of them. either one of the wires i disconnected turned the horn off. So I don t really know how to interpret what ive found...any advice? I thought the constant alarm was from overheating? ..by the way the alarm is on always as soon as i turn the key without the motor running. Thanks for your time

Comment

Found the problem that was causing the constant alarm. After replacing both temp & oil sensors it turned out to be the float in the oil resevoir. The magnet had separated from the float. New resevoir is something like $111, you cant just by the float & replace. Maybe try to find a glue that will withstand oil submersion and glue magnet back on float. Temporarily removed float/magnet. No more alarm.

Comment

I have replaced that myself now I just scrapped the whole oil injection garbage and run staigt oil to the gas 50 to one. THat oil alarm goes off for many different reasons that is why it is nonsense. I had it go off when my mercury switch died not alowing your motor to start like you pulled the lanyard. Stupid design. Mercury needs to come up with a better alarm system. long beep for over heat and interupted beep for oil sounds like something out of the 70s.

Comment

Thanks guys for all the help. I guess the float is probably the problem in my motor. I just decided to undo the little buzzer for now and i ll just keep an eye out for the typical two stroke smoke and that water keeps flowing through the block and out the little hole. thanks again

Comment

Working...
                  X