1994 40 hp mercury oil injection

bateyl

Cadet
I am in the process of disconnecting the oil injection on this engine and I am looking for the block off plate. Does anyone know if such a thing exist for this engine. Also the correct procedure for disconnecting this sytem. I bought this motor and pontoon boat last summer and I am in the process of fixing it up. It looks like it may have been sitting since 1997. The previous owner passed away. I have overhauled both carberators and replaced the impeller. I put marvel mystery oil in the cylinders last summer and cranked the engine over with the plugs out. I am replacing all the fuel and vacuum lines and I do not want to use the oil injection. I feel disconnecting the oil injection system will be one less thing to maintain. I have ordered a repair manual, maybe this will help. I searched the post for info on this subject and understand using synthetic oil is best with ethenol and there is no chance of me forgeting to mix the oil with gas because all the boats I have ever owned had to be premixed. Thanks, any help will be apprieciated.