HELP***Dropped gas can nozzle into gas tank

mmitchellnc

Recruit
I know it sounds dumb, but the gas can nozzle snapped off and fell into my gas tank. Any ideas on how to get it out? Or, do I need to worry about it? Could it cause problems for me in the future?

KRS62

Cadet
Re: HELP***Dropped gas can nozzle into gas tank

Is the part plastic? Is your fuel tank permanently mounted? I am not an expert, but I would try to get it out if you can.

KRS

mmitchellnc

Recruit

It is plastic. The fuel tank can come out with a little work. Problem is that it's full of gas at the moment.

j_martin

Admiral

It is plastic. The fuel tank can come out with a little work. Problem is that it's full of gas at the moment.

I wouldn't worry about it. The ones that get you are the little foil seals from oil bottles, they can cover the pickup screen. :eek:

sschefer

Rear Admiral

I know it sounds dumb, but the gas can nozzle snapped off and fell into my gas tank. Any ideas on how to get it out? Or, do I need to worry about it? Could it cause problems for me in the future?

It' highly likely that the only future problem you'll have is pouring gas from the container that it broke off of.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

It is not a important issue. The next time you feel like it, remove the fuel gauge sender unit and fish it out of the tank, thru that hole.