anyone use mercury factory repair manuals?

EBENZER

Cadet
hi guys,
how does the mercury factory manuals compare to the other manuals you can buy.Are the factory manuals better? are they worth the extra money?thanks

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral
Re: anyone use mercury factory repair manuals?

Yes, they are well worth the extra money.

saumon

Lieutenant

hi guys,
how does the mercury factory manuals compare to the other manuals you can buy.Are the factory manuals better? are they worth the extra money?thanks

You can't even compare if you plan to dig a bit into your engine. OEM service manual are invaluables and well worth every dollar you pay them.

richve

Cadet

I had a Clymer Shop Manual ,then ordered a Mercury Service Manual to work on a 50 HP Merc. Just the extra info listed is almost worth the price.Order the OEM Manual, you won't be sorry.

sawblade723

Seaman Apprentice

I've been using the seloc manual for my Merc 150, it covered so many different models that it was impossible to find info pertaining to my motor. This week I finally ordered a manual from Mercury marine along with the parts manual for my motor and I love it. It will pay for itself by not having to take my motor to the shop every time something goes wrong. The seloc manual will stay on the shelf from now on, its useless.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

My OEM manual doesn't tell me everything I would like to know, but after discussing the subject with others on here, it is superior to the after market books.

Mark