1995 mariner 75 hp mid range power loss

furr

Recruit
Hi Just wanting help on mid range power issues. My motor idles and runs perfectly in the 1000-2000 rpm range and perfectly in the 3500-5000 rpm range but sometimes is sluggish and dies in the mid-range. It will fire back into life as soon as it is given more throttle. I have done all the fuel lines and filter but am still stumped. Does anyone have any ideas?
Cheers Furr

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1995 mariner 75 hp mid range power loss

Ever look at the spark plugs? That rpm range is in the transition range of the carbs so mixture adjustment and/or carb cleaning and rebuilding with new kits may be in order if it has not ever been done.

furr

Recruit

Hi
Thanks very much. Looks like a trip to the mechanic for a rebuild or could a handy bloke like me do it? Forgot to add, fuel intake off top carburrator had had a non stable fuel hose used on it by previous owner. It imploded and we replaced it and it sounds like maybe a little peice of the rubber has become lodged in the carby. Does this sound possible?
Cheers Furr

furr

Recruit

Hi
Thanks very much. Looks like a trip to the mechanic for a rebuild or could a handy bloke like me do it? Forgot to add, fuel intake off top carburrator had had a non stable fuel hose used on it by previous owner. It imploded and we replaced it and it sounds like maybe a little peice of the rubber has become lodged in the carby. Does this sound possible?
Cheers Furr

l have re-cond the fuel pump .
Now no probs runs sweet.

Cheers Furr