1999 75 hp Mariner?

gman3

Recruit
I have what was sold to me a 1999 Mariner 75 hp 3 cylinder engine. I bought it as a new engine in 2001. Serial number is 0G340115. Merc Express says the engine is too old to list parts, though at one time I was able to look through parts with them and found their drawings very helpfull. Last Sunday my engine quit and I determined definitely no spark. So far in the little daylight we have Ive tried disconnecting kill switch, yellow wires at rectifier and checked grounds. The electrical plate was loose and I tightened. Here is what is confusing me, 1) I have a black box on the electrical plate with quite a few wires coming out. I dont know what that is. My understanding is 99 does not have switch box according to my Clymer manual. What is that?. Also the colors on my cdms are not lining up to the manual. The Wiriing diagram shows black/ yellow on all 3 and I cant see them unless they are on the back. If Im not mistaken I see black on all 3 and then either white green or green and thats it. My rectifier is mounted on the front top of the engine, which also is not lining up with what Ive read in the manual and the internet. Any help in determining if this is indeed a 99 and help on troubleshooting would be appreciated. Im thinking my next step is to measure resistance at the stator on white green, green white, assuming thats right. Thats what my manual says anyway. Thanks