how to test kill switch on 96 mercury

rdgeorge2008

Recruit
the commander said i should test and elimate the kill switch on my motor because im getting no spark what wire do i check or they a sertion color??? or do i take the key switch box apart and test them right at the switch itself or can you test it where the motor where the master plug is if i check the switch and its good what is the next step in trouble shoot no spark on my outboard mercury 96 model 40 horse:confused:

sschefer

Rear Admiral
Re: how to test kill switch on 96 mercury

the commander said i should test and elimate the kill switch on my motor because im getting no spark what wire do i check or they a sertion color??? or do i take the key switch box apart and test them right at the switch itself or can you test it where the motor where the master plug is if i check the switch and its good what is the next step in trouble shoot no spark on my outboard mercury 96 model 40 horse:confused:

George I already answered this question for you but if your not reading your other posts your going to confuse us and yourself.

The kill switch wire on all mercs is black/yellow stripe. You should probably spend a couple of bucks and go get a manual with a wiring diagram.