mercury oil tank wanted urgently 75 1996

gandk

Cadet
hi all, i'm having real trouble trying to get hold of a new oil tqank for my 1996 mercury 75hp, they dont seem to have them in stock anywhere and have to wait till later october to get one from mercury. Has anyone got this part i need? its the in engine 2 stroke oil tank part number 1277-828361A2 ? it has a dip stick and oil sensor/float built inside. this is why i need a new one as the sensor has gone bad and there is no way to get inside the tank to fix it. unless anyone has any ideas on how to fix it. I'm not keen on going on the water with my oil system sensor up the creek and not keen to convert it to premix just yet as it runs really well as it is. I am based in the UK so would be willing to pay good money and of course pay for postage and packaging. Many thanks hope someone can help me get on thewater before the end of the uk season.

Laddies

Banned
Re: mercury oil tank wanted urgently 75 1996

Your oil sencor in that system only tells when the tank is down to about a liter of oil, so keep your eye on the oil level and disconnect the sencor and use the unit till you can find a new tank.