Mercury Mark 10 fuel line connection repair

Dougan

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hey all. I've got an old '58 Merc Mark 10 I got off of craigslist last year for $75. Older than my old man and it still purrs like a new engine.

Here's the issue I caused today. The piece on the engine that connects to the fuel line (right under the throttle arm) snapped off. Right now I can see a little pin sticking out that pushes in the ball lock to allow gas in, but the 1/2" part that goes around it (the part that goes inside the fuel line connector) snapped off.

It seems like this would probably be a simple fix-- just replace the part. But after a quick investigation, it seems that there might be a lot of work taking the engine apart before i can get at it. I'm a little nervous to do that blindly.

I know there are some people on this forum that have experience taking apart these mercury mark engines that might be able to give me some advice/reference. This motor really is a piece of history (not to mention that it runs better than any other motors I've had) and I really would like to keep it running.

I guess if there's someone competent in these kind of repairs in the central WI area that feels confident doing the repairs themselves, I'd consider paying to have it done for me, too.

So does anybody have anything that they think might help me out?

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Dougan

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Mercury Mark 10 fuel line connection repair

I'm going to bump this once just in case someone missed it over the weekend. Anybody?