Throttle? 2005 Mercury 25hp - 2 Stroke

film495

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I converted my 25hp Mercury 2 Stroke that is a 2005 model from tiller to remote and I am testing now. The shift seems to work OK, but the throttle is not correct. I think.

When I start the motor, it revs high like the throttle is all the way open, but I am starting it in neutral, I have followed the directions and am going to continue to see if I can figure it out, but I really don't want to start turning a bunch of screws in there if it is something I'm just missing in the conversion.

film495

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Throttle? 2005 Mercury 25hp - 2 Stroke

figured it out - I had the connection wrong on the control end - so, it was actually starting at WOT. fyi the teleflex directions for the conversion say if push or pull to shift, but that does not mean the handle, it means the cable end apparently that attaches to the control, not the control. who knew? now to test the idle and tach I set up and did not test yet either.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Re: Throttle? 2005 Mercury 25hp - 2 Stroke

Interesting. I think you are the second guy on here within the last few days doing the same thing. I assisted the other guy; you solved it yourself. Just an interesting point. Glad you "got-r-fixed".

Mark