Which way to adjust trim tab??

mtduckhunter

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ran my new boat for the first time today, it seems to be pulling bad to the right and i have to fight to keep it straight, got home and was going to adjust the trim tab and it wasnt there, im assuming the original owner removed it because the 23 pitch prop was hitting it, im going to order an offset trim tab to solve this.

I have forgotten which way to adjust it, do you adjust toward the pull or away opposite the pull?

PuddleJumper

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Which way to adjust trim tab??

Typically, if the boat pulls to right then moving trim tab to the right (standing behind motor) will help correct. Since the boat is new to you, did you have it trimmed up after getting on plane? Some times proper trim will almost eliminate steering wheel torque.

Skeester45

Cadet

I agree with Puddlejumper. I had the same problem until I adjusted my tab as he suggested. She will still pull though some if you dont trim up once on plane. You should be able to trim the pull right out of it at that point, and you will feel the pull go away.

mtduckhunter

Petty Officer 1st Class

I thought i had it trimed up enough, i had a good rooster tail. . .

Skeester45

Cadet

yeah, I couldnt get rid of the pull with just trimming either until I adjusted my tab.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

As was stated the zinc anode will help reduce or eliminate wheel pulling at a given trim setting. You obviously need to determine the optimim trim setting so you know where to set it.

BTW - My jackplate raises the motor up enough to keep the anode out of the water. I have to live with the wheel pull, if I want the performance.