Mercury Verado 275 Problems! Thinking of replacing!

toiletcy

Recruit
i own a trophy 2503cc boat for about 4 years now equiped with a mercury verado 275 outboard! in the final 2 years of operation the outboard is nothing but trouble! it keeps breaking down everytime for a different reason and when it is needed most!

so i am thinking of replacing it with two 200hp twins!

i thinking of yamaha, selva, honda, or evinrude!

any suggestions on which i sould prefer and why??

Denny29

Recruit
Re: Mercury Verado 275 Problems! Thinking of replacing!

I have always been a Yamaha man until recently. The new Evinrude E-Techs are amazing. Very quiet and very fuel efficient. Twin 200HP would work great. I just finished schooling at the Marine Mechanics Institute and learned alot about the Verados. Of course Mercury sponsured the course so it was all about how great they are. But on the other hand every now and agian they forget to tell you the horror storys like you are describing. I have been out in the feild working for about six months now and it seems like every outboard i have touch has been a mercury. As far as I am concerned you cant go wrong with anything except them. The new four stroke yamahas are very nice also but very heavy.... Well let me know about your decision and if you made the right choice
:)