1999 Mercury 200 efi

cobra190d

Recruit
My motor acted kinda funky today....it doesn't seem to want to idle. whenever i start the motor it runs for a few seconds and then shuts off. If i give it a little gas it stays running. If i attempt to put it in gear without giving it a little gas it shuts off. I haven't lost any top end speed. It's just not idling at slow speeds......sounds different to.......Any ideas on what this could be?

Re: 1999 Mercury 200 efi

Yes, this sounds a very similar problem I have, especially once the motor has warmed up and running after a while. Once U get it started, I have to rev it up and then immediately put it in gear and go, but you take it easy and let it idle, it will stall. I am not sure what causes this and if there is a fix, mine just keeps doing it, but it doesn't bother me much, the motor is a tank. I love mercurys.

cobra190d

Recruit
Re: 1999 Mercury 200 efi

yeah this is my first merc, and it's also my first non-carb motor.......i ran it on the water hose for 15 minutes yesterday after adding seafoam to the fuel. it appeared to be functioning just fine. idled perfect, and didn't stall when put into gear. Not sure if the problem is gone though. We'll see after i put it under a load.....i love the motor, so i hopes it's fine now