Mariner 25hp Outboard - Tiller Conversion.

MrJingles

Recruit
Hi,

I have a Mariner 25HP outobard engine that is tiller controlled. The serial number is 09949933 (which I think puts it as a 1996 model but I couldn't find a definite listing for it).

I'm in the UK and was wondering if it would be possible to convert the engine so that it could be controlled via remote steering and throttle.

At the moment, the boat I have just aquired has a steering column / wheel and a throttle box with handle and cables. The steering mechanism is pretty basic (it's looks as though it has clothes line attached to it that is joined to a couple of springs and a metal plate at the back of the boat).

I'm wondering what my best options are:

1. Do I have to purchase a conversion kit for the throttle?
2. Could I just find someway to connect the existing throttle cables to the engine?
3. Do I have to purchase a conversion kit for the steering (maybe even replacing the whole set-up)?
4. Is there some way I can connect the existing steering mechanism to the engine?

Also, sorry to ask so many questions but are Service Manuals readily available for this outboard or is there somewhere where I can lookup my requirements for the above.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that someone may be able to provide.

Paddy

PS I've attached a couple of pictures of the engine and steering connections if it's of any assistance...

Attachments

• Mariner25a.jpg
    Mariner25a.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Mariner25b.jpg
    Mariner25b.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 0

clickert

Recruit
Re: Mariner 25hp Outboard - Tiller Conversion.

I own a 25 mariner that a have the throttle box and cables and want to run just a run my tiller handle. I have every thing you need if you will trade for the throttle bracket that hooks the cables for the tiller handle. Email me at Lickertc @ gmail.com