1979 mercury 900 90hp 2 stroke trim problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laddies

Banned
Re: 1979 mercury 900 90hp 2 stroke trim problem

Jump from on large post on the solinoid to the other. Rebuild it.

brokedown

Cadet
Re: 1979 mercury 900 90hp 2 stroke trim problem

I have a Problem with the sam tilt and trim setup. I have my motor proped up with a transome saver when i take it off the motor falls all the way down into running position and would not tilt back up. I removed old oil which was only 1/4 full and add 30w oil to the fill port until full. The motor will now tilt up but still falls back down on its own. Also what does the control knob do thanks for the help.

Drgnknite

Recruit
Please help, i'm new to the power trim tilt and was having problems. The motor for the trim works but the pump was completely gummed up, took it apart and now I have an extra spring and bearing. I'm looking for an exploded diagram of tree he pump. Its a 1979 mercury trim tilt unit

Nathan Bond

Seaman Apprentice
Please help, i'm new to the power trim tilt and was having problems. The motor for the trim works but the pump was completely gummed up, took it apart and now I have an extra spring and bearing. I'm looking for an exploded diagram of tree he pump. Its a 1979 mercury trim tilt unit

A real good start would be to read the rules of the forum, of which you've pretty much violated all of.

Start your own thread if you have an issue and don't post on a thread that last had activity in 2009.

timlfixit

Recruit
I have a trim mottor that looks the same From the 70s but calls for 20w oil for the hydraulic fluid. I can't find 20w anywhere. Can I use 30w

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Old, inactive thread. Back to sleep where it belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.