30 HP Mariner

BassnG3

Cadet
I bought a used 1995 Mariner 30 HP and when I took it out on it's maiden voyage it ran great for about 10 minutes then died. Upon further investigation the idle needle and the idle speed screw were both missing from the carburetor. I found the idle needle with spring laying in the motor housing but the idle speed screw is nowhere to be found. :confused: The carburetor model is a WME 3301 824854 C1. I replaced the idle needle and the motor will at least fire now but will not stay running long (10 secs). I will replace the idle speed screw but what I am wondering is what type of adjustment is required for this screw?

Thanks,

Scott

dadgummit

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 30 HP Mariner

Try setting the idle speed to about 800 rpm. Sounds like somebody screwed with the screws to cover up another problem. They don't back out by themselves. Maybe the carb's gummed up or not getting fuel.

BassnG3

Cadet

The carburetor does not appear to be gummed up and there is no tach for the motor it is tiller...

dadgummit

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Just turn the idle speed up till it sounds about right and still shifts easy. Have you taken the carb apart?

BassnG3

Cadet

I have not taken carb apart yet. I ordered new idle adjust screw it will be in Friday. I will post results then...

BassnG3

Cadet

I replaced the idle screw and got the motor to start and now all it does if run for about 10 seconds and dies, Does not give me enough time to make any adjustments. Looking for suggestions...

BassnG3

Cadet

Looking for a carburetor rebuild kit for WME 3301-824854-C1. any suggestions as to where to look to find one on-line?

BassnG3

Cadet

The motor will start when cold and run for only a few minutes ad hen just dies and will not re-start. Is this yr/model ('95/30) very reliable?