Mariner Identification Tag Lost

HORACIO

Cadet
Good afternoon everybody! I`m new in this forum and I hope to learn a lot from all of you. I`ve recently bougth a motor boat equiped with Mariner Magnum 175 hp but I canot find the engine identification tag. No signal of any rivet on bracket also. People told me that some models had that tag just bonded not riveted and in this case the engine coud be re-paited after lost the tag. Anyone can tell me any other way to find out year and model of the engine?
Sorry about my english, I`m doing my best bescause I`m spanish speaker.
Tanks a lot in advance for your help.

Laddies

Banned
Re: Mariner Identification Tag Lost

Look on the top of the block above the starboard cyls there should be a soft plug with the serial number stamped in it.

HORACIO

Cadet

"Look on the top of the block above the starboard cyls there should be a soft plug with the serial number stamped in it."

I`ve check at that place and find nothing but I`ve find a plug housing at that place on port side. But there isn`t any plug in there, just the housing.
Any other idea about to find out the model at least.

Thanks a lot.

HORACIO

Cadet

Hi, again, I`m keeping looking any number to allow me know what motor I have. First picture show where serial number is suposed to should be place from factory, I guess. Second picture show a number stamped I found placed on block behind the timing lever. Beside, I check fuel pump and found It is the same fitted on motors V175/4301235_0C100860 USA and V175/8058870_UP INT. Furthermore motor protection case is named "MARINER MAGNUM 175 OIL INYECTED" Can anyone tell me something about my question? Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Serial number place R.jpg
    Serial number place R.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Serian number place 2 R.jpg
    Serian number place 2 R.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 0