Mercury 5HP swivel bracket...please help

Kevin83

Recruit
A mishap yesterday left my 5hp mercury laying on the garage floor after the swivel bracket broke while pushing boat into garage. I have two questions for anyone kind enough to help out:

1. It appears to be an easy repair, as the bracket clamps around the shaft. I'm thinking a few new parts, 6-8 bolts and I'm back in business?

2. I want to make sure I order the correct parts, but am having trouble identifying the year of my motor. Serial number is OD902926, made in Japan, and aslo has the number "394" on the tag.

Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm missing the best fishing of the year!

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: Mercury 5HP swivel bracket...please help

A mishap yesterday left my 5hp mercury laying on the garage floor after the swivel bracket broke while pushing boat into garage. I have two questions for anyone kind enough to help out:

1. It appears to be an easy repair, as the bracket clamps around the shaft. I'm thinking a few new parts, 6-8 bolts and I'm back in business?

2. I want to make sure I order the correct parts, but am having trouble identifying the year of my motor. Serial number is OD902926, made in Japan, and aslo has the number "394" on the tag.

Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm missing the best fishing of the year!

Oooops! You run the trailer over ? You can look here:

http://internetoutboards.com/PartsCatalogMenu.htm

Download PDF Tohatsu/Nissan 2 strokes 5 HP, for parts needed, you can buy direct from Internetoutboards. Mercury is a disguissed Tohatsu made in Japan for US market.

Happy Boating