Mariner Identification Site?

paul91085

Recruit
I have just bought a boat and want to know the year of the engine, is there a site that i can look it up on?

Its a 40m 6E9 L 304563

Any help will be much appreciated

Paul

Laddies

Banned
Re: Mariner Identification Site?

It should be a 2 cyl. hand crank, longshaft built it 1983

dougietheangler

Recruit

can you help me as well? plz i live in ireland, and have just brought a mariner 5 outbourd, code,861,S,025048 wot year and is it watercooled or aircooled, thanks.

Laddies

Banned

A couple of problrms here, first you should always start a new thread for a new question. The second is the 861 code on a 5 HP the code should be 661 if thats the case then your engine was built in 1979

Dunaruna

Admiral

Dougie, it's water cooled. The operators manual is available as a free download but it is 23 meg in size -

http://www.brunswickmarineemea.com/download/dosearch/@isnew/desc?mod=4&lang=EN&categories=OUTBOARD$

dougietheangler

Recruit

im sorry for jumping the gun admiral, my intrests holds no bounds, this is why im a cadet and should go to the brigg. but thank you for replyling to my post. yes you are right it is 661 and not 861. once again, sorry..

dougietheangler

Recruit

thank you, i thought the impella has gone south, now all i need to do is get a new impella and servis done then i hope to be afloat soon, ps the code# is 661,S,025048 once again thanks, cadet dougie...

dougietheangler

Recruit

thank you, i thought the impella has gone south, now all i need to do is get a new impella and servis done then i hope to be afloat soon, ps the code# is 661,S,025048 once again thanks, cadet dougie...

:eek: sorry im new but thank you for no repling to me, i think i will stick to my own for answers. no afence but i go to the states once a year but get no cold responce like i got here once again thank you ????? dougie ps its air cooled.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Replying to what? You did not ask a question.