Mariner 115 - reconnecting oil sensor alarm wires?

BlackPanther

Recruit
Hello, this is my first time on these forums. I've owned a Tohatsu 9.9 for the past 11 years, and last month I bought a Maxum boat with a Mariner 115 (1997) second hand.

Last time I used my boat I checked the oil both before and after usage, as I always do. The oil level was ok before the trip (pleasure/trolling) however the tank was practically empty when I returned. I had read on the manual that the oil alarm should have started sounding much before it was empty, precisely when only an hour of full throttle is left. In my case the alarm never sounded.

Upon checking, I found that there are 2 light-blue wires from under the engine which were disconnected, and another 2 wires, one blue and one black which were coming from beneath the oil reservoir, which were also disconnected. It appears obvious that something is wrong, and that these wires should be connected together.

Does anyone have any idea on how to reconnect the wires so that I can get the low-oil-alarm sounding to be safe, or perhaps direct me to a circuit diagram of the wiring of the motor?

Thank you for any help and excuse me for any errors in the post because English is not my native language.

Laddies

Banned
Re: Mariner 115 - reconnecting oil sensor alarm wires?

You should have 2 light blue wire coming from the oil module that the sender wires plug into.