94 mariner 135 hp beeping

jackhill

Recruit
i am getting beeping (not continuous) when running, not at idle. no spark to one bank, 2, 4 and 6 cylinders. oil is full oil pump shaft is turning. tested oil level switch = good. switched red wire + red/white wire, blue wire + blue white wire. same cylinders out of idle.

running out of ideas

is there any common problem?

j_martin

Admiral
Re: 94 mariner 135 hp beeping

i am getting beeping (not continuous) when running, not at idle. no spark to one bank, 2, 4 and 6 cylinders. oil is full oil pump shaft is turning. tested oil level switch = good. switched red wire + red/white wire, blue wire + blue white wire. same cylinders out of idle.

running out of ideas

is there any common problem?

The oil alert module relies on a spark signal from #2 to tell if the engine is running. Fix the ignition, and I bet the oil system will be happy.

Ignition could be stator or switchbox. I'd test the stator connections to the affected switchbox with a DVA, and replace the bad part.

Just for grins and giggles, try disconnecting the bias crossover jumper between the switchboxes. If it hits on all six then, the aparrently good switchbox is the bad one. (it fuddles the bias on the other one)

hope it helps
John