Mercury low oil sensor question.

*WEAVER*

Seaman Apprentice
I recently bought a 1990 90 horse mercury with oil injection. Whenever I plug in the sensor that is coming from the oil tank, there is a loud constant beep when I turn the key on. I read where this is a low oil sensor, but I filled the tank, and it still does it. Any ideas on what might be the problem on this? Thanks

Laddies

Banned
Re: Mercury low oil sensor question.

The magnet came off the float, you will need a new tank as it's not repairable

superfluke

Recruit

i have a 91 ranger with a 150 blackmax and has recently started beeping continously when running down the lake. i have been told its the sensor or the module. i put a tester on my sensor and seems to work but have read that the washer is supposed to be attached to the float and mine is not.what should i do and do i also have to get a new sensor for my oil resovoir on my engine? THANK YOU--superfluke

Its definitly a very annoying beep. An idiot light might've been better. I disconnected the buzzer. Probably not the smartest thing to do, but as long as I keep an eye on the oil level, and the tell tale, the motor ought to be ok.

I do worry though, i've heard of the oil injection going out on these though..

j_martin

Admiral

Yep, if the alarm goes off, disconnect the buzzer. If an idiot light keeps coming on, just cut the wire.

When the power head grenades, it'll be the oil injection system's fault.

Amazing logic displayed here.

my 02
John

bajaburgy

Recruit

Its definitly a very annoying beep. An idiot light might've been better. I disconnected the buzzer. Probably not the smartest thing to do, but as long as I keep an eye on the oil level, and the tell tale, the motor ought to be ok.

I do worry though, i've heard of the oil injection going out on these though..

ours was doing the same thing and it needed an new impeller

achris

More fish than mountain goat

i have a 91 ranger with a 150 blackmax and has recently started beeping continously when running down the lake. i have been told its the sensor or the module. i put a tester on my sensor and seems to work but have read that the washer is supposed to be attached to the float and mine is not.what should i do and do i also have to get a new sensor for my oil resovoir on my engine? THANK YOU--superfluke

Superfluke,

Please start your own thread. The oil injection systems on the 90 and the V6s are COMPLETELY different.

Chris...........

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Yep, if the alarm goes off, disconnect the buzzer. If an idiot light keeps coming on, just cut the wire.

When the power head grenades, it'll be the oil injection system's fault.

Amazing logic displayed here.

my 02
John

Aw common J. Sounds like a remark I would make.

Mark

Last edited: