Vintage Mercury Hurricane OB value ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

onthemove4111

Recruit
Hello I buy and sell things and today I found a Mercury Hurricane in a old guys garage and I have a chance to buy and probably resell as it is..it looks clean and original...what is the market like on these old engines Thanks much

SeaKaye12

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Vintage Mercury Hurricane OB value ??

Hi there onthemove....

The name Hurricane has been used on a lot of different engines...

see http://www.oldmercs.com/models.html

and you'll see what I mean.

The guys here like to get serial numbers to help ID an engine...then you will know the year and probably HP.

As for value...that's always a tough call. But; once we know what you have the guesses can begin :)

And; by the way.....Welcome to iboats!

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

Need the model number, too! Big value difference between a 1958 Mark 28 Super-Hurricane and a 1951 KG7 Super 10 Hurricane. Even bigger difference if it has a racing style lower unit...

- Scott

KeithShipherd

Recruit

Can anyone tell me what a KG7 Super 10 with H (Quickie) lower unit might be worth. I have one that has been in the family for 50 years. We used to use it on a class b hydro. And now I have decided I will never be building another hydro, so I think it's time to sell it.

Thanks

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

Hi Keith,
It's worth a fair bit. Exactly what, I'm not sure - the market these days is flukey. Not less than $1000, but probably not quite $2000. It's worth more if it is an actual KG7H (on the ID tag) vs. one that has had the Quicksilver added. Also worth more if you have the lower cowling. Might want to see if there are (or were recently) any on eBay...
- Scott

KeithShipherd

Recruit

It does not have the H I know by the ser# it's a 1950 model. I also know it has the H lower unit and not the Q. The H was only sold for for racing and is about 2" shorter then the Q. IF there is anyone on here that wants to make and offer please do.

mthieme

Captain

Welcome aboard.
If it's a 28, I'll give you $50 for it.:D
Delivered of course.:D

Tomcatusa

Recruit

I just bought a mercury hurricane super 10 kg7 at a sale and Im trying to find out approx value,its in good shape and is all there, the compression is unreal,like new,been sittin in a barn for a long time. thanks, Tom

EDIT: Very bad form to hijack an old thread, TC. Even worse is to offer something for sale in the forum.

Please read our rules before you post again. Thanks for your cooperation. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.