Question: Water Pump and "Cooper Tube/pipe" Merc 150-V6/94

gotrance

Cadet
Hello
Does anyone knows if there is some kind of seal between the sleeve (white tube about 4 inches long /water pump kit) from the water pump to the "TUBE-WATER-LONG" (it appears to be a long cooper tube from the engine)

The reason that I ask is that if there is no seal (or some kind of o-ring) the sleeve does not fit tide on the cooper tube and pressured water can easy escape from this junction .....

Thank you and "Safe Boating always"
Roger / Miami FL.

Laddies

Banned
Re: Question: Water Pump and "Cooper Tube/pipe" Merc 150-V6/94

All the white sleeve is a guide tube to make it easier to install the water tube and requires no seal

gss036

Commander

There isa post one of the forums, either here or The Waler board about somebody talking about pulling the powerhead to replace a grommet on the copper tube that goes to the block/water jacket. The guy has a cooling problem. I am not familiar with a grommet there. LADDIES, do you know anything about it? I checked my OEM manual, it is in the mid section, so the block would fit over it by the looks of things. It has a plastic end whuch book it has to be up so must slip over it when the block is aligned.

gotrance

Cadet

Admiral Laddies: Thank you ...

I will sleep much better now ;-) knowing that there is no "seal" on there ...

Thanks All
Roger / Miami FL.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Isn't there a seal in the waterpump cover? On my inline six, there was a common seal at both ends of the water tube. Doesn't the V6 have the same thing? The exploded parts diagram shows a seal (P/N 38970)

bobo05

Cadet

i have a 200hp 1989 merc with cooling problems. i have just pulled my motor apart and i found a seal at both ends. both plastic. problem i had was to get the upper seal in the block has to come off. the bottom one is a simple operation. hope this helps.