2007 Mercury 115hp 4 stroke - Smartcraft?

dbski4it

Recruit
Does the 2007 Mercury 115hp 4 stroke come Smartcraft enabled? My dealer said that it does not.

Bigjohn1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 2007 Mercury 115hp 4 stroke - Smartcraft?

Nope, not for that engine

The Mercury Engine booklet says it is smartcraft compatible

Depending on what features ....

I have just fitted my 2007 115hp 4 stroke upto smartcraft sc1000 tach - majority works but at the moment I am having trouble get the power trim to register trim on the tach Sc1000

Phil

Bigjohn1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Perhaps I was wrong....the Merc website shows what models are smartcraft and the "4-stroke" 115efi is not listed.??

Redneck Yacht Club

Seaman Apprentice

They all have Smartcraft.....just need the harness to tap into the PCM:D
And the trim problem...Go to Cal 2 or hook up CDS and set trim at your dealer:D

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

The only thing the Smartcraft will not show is water pressure on the newer 4-strokes. Also, to have the trim function work, you will need to replace the analog trim sender with a digital trim sender. Most say it's better to get a separate analog gauge, as the trim reading on the Smartcraft is very slow ..

thanks for advice on TRIM

hook up CDS and set trim at dealer ? - please explain

so trim signal is definitely analog? as Mercury is telling me it is digitial and that I have just not calibrated it correctly.

but I have calibrated it and the digital readout just say 656 with the last digit flashing all the time?

if I use separate analog trim dial, what cabling do I need from the smartcraft SC1000 feed to the extra dial?

Thanks

Phil

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

It is analog. They also told me the Smartcraft would show water pressure, but it won't. I would not hook it up to the Smartcraft gauge at all. Just use a separate analog gauge. You should have a brown wire with a white stripe under the dash for this purpose. Or spring for the digital sender. If you're sender looks like this, it's analog...

trimsender640x480.jpg

mlsjohn

Recruit

I have a 2007 22 foot aluminum boat with cabin. Boat and 2007 merc 115 4 stroke with smartcraft. It does register water pressure and trim angle.data is not delayed. My speedo gauge stopped working, but tack still works. Just got back from valdez ak fishing trip. This motor is great, i got over 5 mpg with 4 adults and fishing gear. boat weighs 2800 lbs. empty. Run over 80 miles a day several days. also had 9.9 kicker on. this motor is so quit and smooth i can't beleive it is outboard. I ran this boat over 600 mi. in 14 days. I checked the mileage ea. day with my gps. john

mlsJohn

do you have digital gauges or analog ones ... is the trim gauge analog

is your trim sensor digitial or analog?

did you fit additional harnesses onto the engine as Mercury are telling me that the 2007 115 4 stroke is smartcraft compatible but not smartcraft ready as you need to purchase additional conversion harnesses depending on your gauge requirements....

ie Digitial gauge + analogue senders = extra $250 conversion harness !

Phil

briboat

Cadet

Does your 115 4-stroke show oil pressure and oil temp?
I have 2008 115 4-stroke and just purchased tach sw version 4.00 and waunder what data will display?
Thanks

Rotorfixer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

mlsJohn

do you have digital gauges or analog ones ... is the trim gauge analog

is your trim sensor digitial or analog?

did you fit additional harnesses onto the engine as Mercury are telling me that the 2007 115 4 stroke is smartcraft compatible but not smartcraft ready as you need to purchase additional conversion harnesses depending on your gauge requirements....

ie Digitial gauge + analogue senders = extra $250 conversion harness !

Phil

There has been a lot of incorrect data on smartcraft systems being displayed here....

First of all these engines are compatable and believe it or not most come "ready". The dealers have to remove some of the digital components to make the engine compatable with analog instruments. The trim send is the one that they do this the most on. Your smartcraft systems needs the digital trim sender. Super easy to change, and you just calibrate it yourself in the menus. Your local merc dealers mechanics will have these digital senders in their toolboxes, so start there. That is where I got mine, they are all the same. If not buy the kit for @ $100. Some of the other items that would need to be addressed are the pitot sender, you just tap into the flexable tubing in the powerhead and slip on the sender, plug it in and you are in business. Most people won't bother because they will connect to a GPS and or paddlewheel sensor.

The conversion harness is not what you are after..... you need the digital sensor(s). by the way, you should tap into your EXISTING fuel guage wiring for more useful features to activate (IE range)

Peter.

briboat

Cadet

2008 Mercury 115 efi 4 stroke
Added Smartcraft tachometer version 4.00, and link temperature gauge.I used the blue data cable with 1 resistor directly connected to junction box for later speedometer hookup.Estimate about 1/2 total time to route cable and setup. These gauges are great , tach automatically setup ,disabled water pressure data and trim, may add later date.
Accurately reads tach, oil pressure, engine temp,fuel pressure, engine hours.
Troll feature is nice added touch.
I would recommend these gauges to anyone .Mercury should add these to new boats.
Thanks Rotofixer for jumping in and doing research.

toolman99

Seaman Apprentice

There has been a lot of incorrect data on smartcraft systems being displayed here....

First of all these engines are compatable and believe it or not most come "ready". The dealers have to remove some of the digital components to make the engine compatable with analog instruments. The trim send is the one that they do this the most on. Your smartcraft systems needs the digital trim sender. Super easy to change, and you just calibrate it yourself in the menus. Your local merc dealers mechanics will have these digital senders in their toolboxes, so start there. That is where I got mine, they are all the same. If not buy the kit for @ $100. Some of the other items that would need to be addressed are the pitot sender, you just tap into the flexable tubing in the powerhead and slip on the sender, plug it in and you are in business. Most people won't bother because they will connect to a GPS and or paddlewheel sensor.

The conversion harness is not what you are after..... you need the digital sensor(s). by the way, you should tap into your EXISTING fuel guage wiring for more useful features to activate (IE range)

Peter.

do you have a pn for the digital sender for efi 4 strokes? Thanks, Art

toolman99

Seaman Apprentice

Never mind, I found it.
FYI, the conversion kit changes the sender harness to 3 wire connector to accept the 3 wire dig sender as well as adding connection hardware and pressure senders for pitot and Water? pressure. The conversion kit pn is 889250K01
the harness is pn 889250T01 and the digital trim sender is pn 896688001 there's a nice diag of the kit listing component pns here http://www.marinepartsplus.com/catalog/accessories/serial/Electrical/898116/11744-97

I'll let you all know if I find a cheap way to mod the existing sender harness to accept the dig sender, I think it's just a matter of adding wires and pins to the existing harness

toolman99

Seaman Apprentice

Hi all, I installed the conversion kit the other day and all went well, installed the dig trim sender as well as water and pitot pressure. If you only want to istall the digital trim sender you can save a few bucks and use the existing weather cap on the digital sensor connector. its the capped connector at the rear lower starboard, just below the relays. Just remove the single wire analog trim sender and cap the connector by the ecm and air cleaner then install the black, lt blue and yellow wires on the harness and use the bullet connectors to connect the 3 wire digital sender I posted a full write up with tons of pics in the smartcraft post by rotorfixer http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=269999&highlight=smartcraft