Mercury power trim/tilt repair

RG Phx

Recruit
I have a 4 60hp merc with a leakey power trim pistion/cylinder (out the top). Is there a repair kit, or do I need to buy a whole new cylinder? The motor side does not leak.

RG Phx

Recruit
Re: Mercury power trim/tilt repair

RG said:
I have a 4 60hp merc with a leakey power trim pistion/cylinder (out the top). Is there a repair kit, or do I need to buy a whole new cylinder? The motor side does not leak.

I ment to type 94 60hp merc

Laddies

Banned

There are kits available ck BAM Marine site for parts

LSU0460

Cadet

hey I wrote back on my thread but anyway go to hydraulic repair shop and see if they can rebuild it since I did find one in my area that told me they can so I am bring it tommorrow, Bam no longer has part (SUCKS) but the only way I know is try that if not a whole assembly from my boat dealer is 700.00, I did find one place that had a rebuilt one complete for 425.00 but they have to have mine to match it up, I may go that route if this rebuild don't work.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

You can try www.dougrussell.com. They have most of the OEM parts available. In addition, my '77 Merc 1500 PTT uses a 3/4" o-ring seal in the cylinder to seal where the rods enter. It turns out to be the same one as used by Mercruiser Alpha 1 Gen I top driveshaft seal